Total Fire Ban declared in Lithgow & Oberon, 30 November 2020
The Total Fire Ban, commencing at midnight tonight, covers the following councils:
- Central Ranges (Very High) — Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Lithgow, Mid-Western, Oberon, Orange
- Northern Slopes (Very High) — Gunnedah, Gwydir, Inverell, Liverpool Plains, Tamworth
- North Western (Severe) — Moree Plains, Narrabri, Walgett, Warrumbungle
- Lower Central West Plains (Severe) — Bland, Forbes, Lachlan, Narromine, Parkes, Temora, Weddin, Dubbo
- Eastern Riverina (Severe) — Albury, Coolamon, Greater Hume, Junee, Lockhart, Wagga Wagga
- Southern Riverina (Severe) — Berrigan, Edward River, Federation, Murray River, Southern parts of Murrumbidgee
- Northern Riverina (Severe) — Carrathool, Griffith, Hay, Leeton, Narrandera, Northern parts of Murrumbidgee
The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) provides the following advice:
- Under Severe and Very High fire conditions:
- Well prepared homes that are actively defended can provide safety during a fire
- Follow your Bush Fire Survival Plan and remain vigilant
- Keep informed by listening to local radio, watching television news broadcasts and monitoring www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
Please note: The NSW RFS may issue a Harvest Safety Alert for areas of heightened risk. Harvest operators should monitor conditions and regularly check that they are operating within guidelines.
No fires may be lit in the open and all fire permits are suspended during a Total Fire Ban. Gas and electric barbeques may be used provided certain conditions are met. Total Fire Ban rules and a map of current Total Fire Ban areas are listed at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
Local Land Services (LLS) is reminding livestock owners to still be prepared...
Before you drop a tidbit under the table, think about what it could do...
A TAFE NSW cyber security expert has unveiled his top five tips to protect...
I’ve been bushwalking most of my life and I prepare for every hike as...
TAFE NSW has partnered with BaptistCare to deliver crucial training to...
Jenolan Caves Booking Essential. Bring a facemask and enjoy exclusive small tour groups.
Eagle View Escape For an experience that will be remembered long after the gift of giving - why not consider a gift voucher.
Simmo's Offroad Tours 19th & 20th April, 4WD Tag-a-Long Tour exploring the Oberon/Jenolan region staying in deluxe cabins Jenolan Holiday Park
Stone Hedge 6 bedrooms - accommodates up to 15 people, ideal for several families! All linen supplied. Visit website for specials
Billabong Trout Fishing Farmstay Bushwalk, observe bird life or just relax and enjoy the extensive panoramic views as you recharge in this idyllic spot