Winter is Truffle Time
Winter is ‘truffle time’ in the Oberon district. The cold weather in winter helps to ripen the black truffle, an elusive delicacy which is grown in a number of truffieres in the Oberon area.
Fresh truffle and truffle products are available at:-
- Long Arm Farm Café, Main Street Oberon.
- By order from Lowes Mount Truffiere. Minimum order is 60gms, (golf ball size)
- Oberon Community and Farmers Markets.
- Oberon Visitor Information Centre, 48 Ross St Oberon
Truffle meals in Oberon.
- Long Arm Farm Café in the Main Street of Oberon has truffle dishes on their breakfast and lunch menus through the truffle season.
- Mayfield Gardens.
You can join Col and Sue on a truffle hunt at Lowes Mount Truffiere on weekends during the truffle season.